Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Black and White Pizza


I recently tried chicken on a pizza (due to a grocery miscommun-ication between Sage and I) and ever since then I've been wanting to try this Black & White Pizza (from allrecipes.com.)

Instead of a red sauce it uses a jarred alfredo. I LOVE white pizza; Sage does not. Because of this, and because I didn't want the extra calories- I was going to just use olive oil with some canned diced tomatoes. (Not exactly white, but healthier.) But Sage wanted to try it. All I had was a sundried tomato alfredo, which we knew might be wierd. Honestly, it wound up being the only thing that kept it from being amazing! We may try it with regular alfredo (the creaminess is good) but probably the way I was first going to do it. Either way, the black beans, jalapenos and chicken are so yummy on a pizza! I've made only a few changes in the original recipe.

1 Whole Wheat Baboli
olive oil
1 chicken breast
1/2 cup jarred alfredo
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
1/4 cup jarred sliced jalapenos
1 tsp dried parsley

1. Preheat oven to 450. Lightly brush Baboli crust with olive oil.
2. Grill chicken, cooking until just before done. Slice into bite size pieces. (Or cook chicken in a saute pan with olive oil and the minced garlic.)
3. Spread alfredo sauce on pizza. Sprinkle very lightly with some of the cheese. Top evenly with onions and garlic, black beans, chicken, and jalapenos. Cover with remaining cheese and sprinkle with parsley.
4. Cook for 10-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment