I've been wanting to try roasted cauliflower. All of the recipes I've seen have the same ingredients- lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan. Seemed easy enough. I was expecting something just amazing from what I read, so I was a little dissapointed. Sure it was delicious because I like cauliflower but wasn't really that much different from steamed.
To go with the cauliflower, I made a pork tenderloin. I call it "easy" because while the cooking takes a little while, it doesn't require hours of marinating (as most tenderloin recipes do) and is once you reduce the heat, you don't have to mess with it. This a great way to cook pork that is always flavorful and tender.
Easy Pork Tenderloin
1 lb Pork Tenderloin (the one I buy is about 2 lbs. and comes split in two lengthwise. We only cook one piece at a time for two of us.)
olive oil
paprika
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp dried marjoram
1/8 tsp dried thyme
sea/kosher salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Trim tenderloin of any fat and silverskin. Sprinkle one side evenly with paprika. Press minced garlic into pork. Carefully flip meat over and repeat with other side.
2. Heat just enough oil to coat pan (about a tbsp.) On medium high heat, brown meat on both sides, about 7 minutes each side. Occasionally swirl pork around pan to keep oil even distributed in pan.
3. Once browned on both sides, drizzle one side with half of lemon juice and half of spices. Season with salt and pepper. Flip pork and repeat.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat has reach an internal temperature of 150 degrees using a meat thermometer, about 30 minutes. Once meat reaches 150, transfer pork to a plate and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Roasted Cauliflower
1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp garlic, minced
sea/kosher salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
parmesan, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In roasting pan, arrange cauliflower in single layer. Drizzle with olive oil to cover each piece. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast for about 30-35 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and lightly browned.
4. Serve topped with parmesan.
No comments:
Post a Comment