Thursday, August 20, 2009

Emily's Pretzel and Vegetable Dip

The other day, we had a get together for my best friend, Ali, who was visiting from CA. I put out some different snacks and appetizers. I tried a few new things and some old favorites.

There is something I consistantly serve at get togethers and that is this easy dip. Years ago my neighbor, Emily, threw this together, and I've been making it ever since. The funny thing is she once asked me for the recipe, and I had to tell her she was the original creator of it!

I have never had any of this left over after a party, and since the ingredients are things I typically have on hand it can also be whipped up for unexpected guests. Usually I just make it with prepared lite ranch dressing, but I didn't realize I was low, so I just added dry ranch mix. I served it with pretzels, carrots, celery and red pepper strips.

1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup prepared lite ranch dressing
2 tbsp dry ranch dressing mix (or an extra 1/4 cup of prepared ranch)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)

1. Stir sour cream into cream cheese and blend until smooth. Add ranch dressing, dry mix and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
2. Best if chilled for a few hours (it thickens up) but can be eaten immediately. Serve with pretzles and cut up raw vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment