Friday, September 4, 2009

Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Spread


I'm not much of a snacker (or daytime eater for that matter- and yes, I know its horrible for my metabolism, but I just don't get hungry until late afternoon) but the other day I found myself really wanting a snack. And something that felt like a splurge, so my only real choice, a rice cake with peanut butter, wasn't going to cut it. I started scrounging the fridge and this is what I came up with.

It was so good that I am going to have to make it the next time we have friends over. This only made a small amount so I'll probably double or triple it. The first time I ate it with crisps I made with sun-dried polenta from a tube, but I also had it on stoned wheat crackers. Both were good but I'd probably say it went better on crackers and since that's less work, that's how I'll serve it for guests. I also won't eat the entire thing myself over the matter of days...

2 oz. goat cheese
1 tbsp lite cream cheese
1 tbsp good quality olive oil
1/8 tsp garlic powder
pinch of kosher salt
several grinds of pepper
3 sundried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 basil leaves, torn

1. Combine all ingredients in a small processor. Chill until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm saving this recipe for my friends coming over next week! It's great how you can easily whip up a great snack or spread.I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete